How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1373
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I'd really like to know where I stand and what rights I have

This answer was rated:

I'd really like to know where I stand and what rights I have with regards ***** ***** my daughter. My ex has started being difficult again and chopping and changing set days that my 7 year old daughter should be with. I get no explanation and if I contest it then I just get threats that I won't see her at all. Ideally I'd like joint custody
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist. Please may I ask: - are there any current court orders?- what is the current regime for contact? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are no current court orders we've tried to do this between us but for some reason it's just not working out now.
What we have tried to do is every other weekend is spent with me Friday through to Monday morning when possible and also at least one night stay during the week. This is no longer working as she keeps swapping weekends to suit her and img I can't do the swap then I get threats of you don't have her at all then! Also week nights have become very few and far between and only seem to get them now if she had no one else to look after are daughter when she works.
Hello Trevor Sorry I didnt realise that you had 2 open request. Hopefully my other message will give you the guidance you need to start to get things moving. If the mother does deny you contact completely - just because she cant have her own way - then the court will not look favourably upon her for this. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist you further Kindest Regards Caroline
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you