How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter and her partner (unmarried) bought a flat about

This answer was rated:

My daughter and her partner (unmarried) bought a flat about 2 years ago in which they made £30000 equity, they are now looking to buy a bigger house as my daughter is pregnant with her second child. The bank will not lend them enough money due to her change in circumstances to buy the bigger house. If I choose to gift or loan my daughter the extra monies, is it possible to have a document or contract drawn up to safeguard my and my daughters interests?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youYes so long as they are not married your daughter will be able to protect her interest and yours with a Declaration of Trust confirming thatshe is entitled to a greater share of the equity when the property is soldPlease ask if you ned further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you