How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I own my own home. I am widowed and want to sign my house

This answer was rated:

I own my own home. I am widowed and want to sign my house over to my daughters. How should I go about this?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstMay I ask how old you are and why you wish to do this?Is there a mortgage on the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am 67 years old. There is no mortgage on the house, I own it outright. I have mobility problems and both daughter have moved back home to help look after me. I would like to sign over my house because I don't want the responsibility for the upkeep of a house
I have to ask - is there any likelihood that you may need to go into a nursing home in the future?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not unless something unforeseen happens.
I ask because you do need to be aware that transferring the property does not necessarily mean that it will not be included in any financial assessment made by the local Authority should you need to go into a care home.That said the Transfer is simply a matter of form filling - if you wish to do it yourself I can give you the name of the forms, otherwise any high street solicitor should be able to assist youPlease ask if you do want further detailsClare
Clare and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
You are most welcomeI am sorry to ask but unless i receive a positive rating I do not get my share of the fee - the site retains it all!