Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.

My daughter's husband has died recently. They were Joint Owners

My daughter's husband has died recently. They were Joint Owners of a house - with a joint mortgage. My daughter continues to live in the house. Does half of the value of the house, after paying off any debts eg the mortgage, form part of her dead husband's 'estate'?
It may do depending on whether the title is held as joint tenants or tenants in common. In a joint tenancy the property passes to the survivor. If it's held as tenants in common his share passes to his estate. The title will have to be checked. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Let me know if I can help you further with this. Can you also remember to leave a positive feedback on the system so that the site credits me for my time. Thanks for using JustAnswer.