How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My daughter's ex husband has narcissistic tendencies, and is

This answer was rated:

My daughter's ex husband has narcissistic tendencies, and is addicted to binge drinking. My daughter tries to protect the children as much as possible but he is taking her to court over more access and what worries me is - will CAFCAS regognise these narcissistic traights and understand the alcoholic side when the ex husband is such a good liar and manipulator. I am worried sick that the court will just give more access to the ex and children will be harmed
Hi, thanks for your question. The CAFCASS officer will carry out background checks and interview your daughter and ex-husband. Your daughter will need to inform the CAFCASS officer of these concerns and consideration needs to be given as to whether alcohol testing and possibly a psychiatric assessment needs to be undertaken as part of the court proceedings. If the CAFCASS officer agrees, this recommendation will be made to the Court.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you that is helpful
Please do not take any more money off my card as I cannot afford to continue with this service