How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have been divorced for @18 months now. In the terms

This answer was rated:

I have been divorced for @18 months now.
In the terms of 'our' financial settlement my ex wife recieved substantially more (@30k) as she was going to be the main 'carer' of our two children. Six months after the settlement she decided that she no longer wished to look after them and threw them out. They now both reside permanently with me and I only recieve a paltry amount of maintenance from her (£31 per month).!!
As the situation appears to have changed permanently now can I claim back the extra monies she recieved as I am now struggling financially .?
Hi, thanks for your question. What was the exact settlement and was there any provision for you to pay spousal maintenance too?
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you