How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My wife and i seperated in july 2015 and past 9 months i have been the full ti

Customer Question

Hi, my wife and i seperated in july 2015 and for the past 9 months i have been the full time carer of our 3 children, however in august 2015 it came to my attention that my wifes new partner is a convicted child sex offender and is still on probation for the crime he comitted against a child, i immediately alerted authorities as my wife was pushing to have the children for over night stays but i wanted to raise my concerns. I met with a social worker and discussed the circumstances he then had me sign a legal agreement stating that i become the childrens full parental guardian and that my wife must only see the children under my supervision for thier safety. My wife and i came to an agreement that i will take them to see her at a public place once a fortnight on a saturday and she would visit the children at my home once a fornight on a saturday so that it works out the children see her every saturday. However recently she has been adamant on starting arguments and still pushing to hav
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Given the serious nature of the concerns you have raised regarding your wife's new partner, it is justified that the contact between her is restricted in the way advised by the social worker. If this were to change, or if your wife takes the children to her property and they have contact with her new partner, this is a risk towards them and the local authority will likely have grounds to pursue an emergency application against her. It is good that there is a social worker involved to assist and support you. If your wife wishes to have more contact with the children, which cannot be agreed between you, she will need to pursue an application to court - however, based on the risk from her new partner towards the children, the court is highly unlikely to allow there to be overnight contact at her property if her new partner is there or is living there.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.