How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am a father that is looking to spend more time whit

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am a father that is looking to spend more time whit my son. at this moment I pay child maintenance from the moment he was born even give the mother money to bay a house when on my son birth.
He spends 2 to 3 nights a week whit me the days she works in Christmas he always spend 24 whit her and 25 New-Years 31 whit her 1st whit me birthdays always hit her of course I will like this to be alternate but I am contented.
I will like to take him on holiday to my home country Portugal for summer for 19 days... My ex partner refuses to left me take him. but she goes on holiday to her home country Poland when ever she pleases for 20 days periods. What i can do to change this?
Thank you *****
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstAre you named on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes my name is ***** ***** birth certificate. He was born on 07/11/2011 His name is*****
You and your ex both have Parental Responsibility for the child and equal right to have him in your care.You each need the permission of the other to take the child out of the country - including holidaysto Poland.You need to discuss matters with your ex using Family try and agree matters regarding a trip to Portugal.If that fails then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order which includes a trip to Portugal.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about if the child have Polish ID and was born in uk does he still need permission from me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and how can I stop her to go poland if she do not left him go portugal?
Yes the fact that the child is Polish does not change matters.Within the Court application you can ask for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent hertaking the child out of the country
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but in example if she decides to take my son tomorrow to Poland on holiday I still cant stop her? i will always have to go for Court
Yes that is correct
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help
Kind regards
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well