How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1384
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My soon to be ex-wife's partner has a recent history of domestic

This answer was rated:

My soon to be ex-wife's partner has a recent history of domestic abuse (convicted once as far as I know), drug addiction and also has a child restraining order against him. If her plans were to live with him (with the girls) would this give me a significantly better chance of full custody of my two girls.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The domestic abuse case I know about was violence towards the property, I am not sure if there was physical abuse of the partner at the time. He was convicted and imprisoned.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. What you are saying about your ex wifes new partner would ring alarm bells in respect of children protection. I consider that you should seek further information as to his background. In the first instance - you should contact children's social care in your area. You should also contact your local police. If they consider that disclosure needs to take place - then they can choose to do this. The courts do consider that children have a right to a relationship with both of their parents unless there are child protection concerns. If the mother was to priortise her relationship with her new partner over your children and there were concerns that she was not able to protect the girls - then a court may order that your children need to be in your care. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can clarify anything for you. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for helping you today
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you