How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1373
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My ex wife is saying I can't see my 4 year old daughter this

Customer Question

My ex wife is saying I can't see my 4 year old daughter this week as she is ill. I have a feeling she is going to do this a lot as she tries any means she can to stop me seeing my daughter. We have a court order with set dates, setting out the amount of hours which build up every month, but I know my wife is going to try every trick in the book. My question is, is it a legal requirement for my ex to obtain a doctors certificate if she is denying me court arranged access because of supposed sickness?
Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties that your are experiencing with your ex wife. Whilst there is no requirement for the mother to provide prove that your daughter is ill - it is still possible, as you hold parental responsibility, for you to call your daughter's GP and ask them to provide you with information in respect of your daughters health. If your suppose to have your daughter all weekend and have room for her at your house - you could also argue with the mother - that you are able to care for your daughter when she is unwell - and you can meet her needs. If the mother is, as you suspect, just being difficult, then it is possible for you to seek enforcement of the court order by returning matters back to court. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for helping you today