How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35219
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a decree absolute and a consent order giving me the

Customer Question

I have a decree absolute and a consent order giving me the option to buy my wife out of the property,
What is the best way to do this
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will try and assist you. Please may I ask - was the value agreed to buy your wife out at? have you approached a mortgage company to see if you can remortgage? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Amount is agreed and confirmed by the court at £100,000. I just need to know the cheapest way to execute the order.Her name off the Land Register and me to transfer the monies to her
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Forget it I don't have all day I have paid for this already You customer service sucks I will get a refund via PayPal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiI note that my colleague has opted out - my name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.I am assuming that you already have the money for the payment and that there is currently no mortgage on the property.Based on this you need to go to the Land Registry and download a copy of the Land Registry Entries.You then need to prepare a form TR1 your ex to sign in exchange for the Transfer of the funds.Once it has been signed you will need to register the transfer using an AP1 the Stamp Duty Exemption form ask if you need further detailsClare