How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I want to do a prenup - I have already got married in SA and

This answer was rated:

I want to do a prenup - I have already got married in SA and when he comes here once visa is sorted I want to do a post/pre nuptial for obvious reasons and cos I have children
Hi, thanks for your question. As you have already married you will need to enter into a post-nuptial agreement to settle your assets and affairs in the event of a divorce. Once your agreement is made, you will need to turn this into a formal contract and both of you need to seek independent legal advice regarding this. You should be aware that in the event of a divorce, in England and Wales, the court will consider the post-nuptial agreement, but the court will have the power to ignore the agreement in the event that your needs, his needs or the children's needs are not met if you divorce.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you