How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I've offered my ex partner access to my son through my parents,

Customer Question

I've offered my ex partner access to my son through my parents, he won't unless he with his girlfriend, she's made threats hence why I don't want my son around her...what can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required: -how old is your son?-is the father named on the birth certificate?-what threats has the girlfriend made?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He's 1 on the first of April yes he's fathers name is ***** ***** birth certificate.
'I swear to god you will get what's coming to you and that's a promise'
'You my love are going to get what you deserve'
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My sons dad use to be horrible to him when he was a baby, he thought it was ok to slap him with a nap, throw him in the air that he hit his head on the ceiling, everyone use to tell him to stop but he never listened found it funny and just use to always say 'I'm making him hard'...he wasn't around for the pregnancy never messaged me once, he was involved in a serious car accident and lost one of his legs, he used the excuse he wasn't around because he was bed bound when he use to go out with his friends every night. The one night when I had a friend here he walked into the house when I got back from shopping and grabbed me by my arm really tight whilst I was holding my so, the police were called and statements were made. His parents drink loads a night, about 3 bottles of wine between them and his dad will then drink about 10 cans. I want him to see his son but through access I don't want to go through courts but if that's what I have to do then that's what I will do.
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the further information. Given the issues and concerns you have raised, and your son's young age, it is acceptable that you make proposals for contact between him and your son to take place in a safe environment and through your parents, or an independent third party. His girlfriend should not be getting involved and the father should be focussing on enjoying contact only with his son. His girlfriend has no rights in relation to contact with your son.In the circumstances I would suggest that you put forward your proposals and reasons in writing to him and if he does not accept them then it will be for him to take the matter to court.Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating. Thank you