How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35065
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Family Court in Brighton has asked me " the Respondent" to

This answer was rated:

Family Court in Brighton has asked me " the Respondent" to file a position statement dealing with the issue of leave to apply.
The Mother "the applicant" has applied for leave to apply to listed for directions .
The Mother wants her child to move back with her and therefore change the orders from
I am note sure what "the issue of leave" means. Could you help me please.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow did the child come to live with you?
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Court case , the Judge decided the mother was too ill (mental illness) and Social Services asked me to take the child.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In the 19th months Emily has been with me she has acquired social skills, has made numerous friends a school, has met
a great number of my family in France, has been to Poland to see her grandfather, and improved her Polish language by
learning all the polish prayers in church and talking to polish people afterwards. She has been given a prize for "Perseverance
and effort" at school. She is happy and settled and on that basis I see no need for her to go back to her mother
Kamila on the other hand has failed to attend the meetings arranged by Social Services in their centre. Emily and I went to those meetings and after 35 minutes were told we go home. Emily was then crying and saying " mummy does not care"
Emily is very angry with her mother and unless Kamila agrees to come to the meetings that Charles (her father) organises every month, I do not see how Emily could ever go back to her mother. From her e-mails we can tell that Kamila is still very ill and
afraid of crying if she sees Emily.when after 35 minutes
Okinstead try:-1. I do not believe that the Court should give leave for Application to go forward at this time.2. The Applicant has failed to attend the Contact meetings arranged by Social Services which has caused Emily substantial distress3. The Applicant has sent a series of emails which show that she is still not entirely well and she speaks of crying if she sees Emily4. E has settled and is doing well in school .5. There is no basis on which an applictaion at this stage will be of benefit to Emily. If the applicant does wish to change the current arrangements then she first needs to show an ongoing commitment to Emily by attending Contact.You can find out how it should be set out here at the end of the article