How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I wonder if u can help me my son and my sisters son brought

Customer Question

I wonder if u can help me my son and my sisters son brought a house four years ago my sisters son put down a deposit £21,000 and my son put down £10,000 last year my sisters son starting having an affair with my sons girlfriend and now wants the house sold and is trying to get my son to sign a deed of interest not sure why this is being done now as the house is being sold they did verbally agree they would share everything 50/50
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if the property is held in joint names between them - ie. the land registry documents have both their names? You say verbally that they agreed to share everything 50-50, but was there a formal written agreement about this?
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, please provide the information requested so that I may assist you