How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My husband left me four months ago and now wants a divorce

Customer Question

My husband left me four months ago and now wants a divorce he says if I don't agree to it that he will force the sale of our home . My youngest daughter is still at home she is 21 and pregnant would the courts force us out of our home even though I will have a baby living here, my Grandaughter
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. He does not need your agreement to pursue a divorce if he relies on unreasonable behaviour, adultery or 5 years separation. If he were to apply under 2 years separation then he will need your signed consent.As part of the divorce, a financial settlement will need to be reached in respect of assets, income and liabilities - which will include the home. Please confirm:-who currently lives there with you and your daughter-whose name it is in-what other assets you both have-what both of your financial positions are-if you have any other children togther
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, please provide the information requested so that I may assist you