How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1436
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

When I got divorced the consent order was drawn up as part

This answer was rated:

When I got divorced the consent order was drawn up as part of the divorce settlement I had to pay periodical for my son £396.70 until he reached the age of 18. My ex wife has gone to CSA and have changed this to £700 can they do this?
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. Please may I ask - when was the court order made? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Consent order was agreed in 2010.
Hello Thank you for confirming that for me. I am sorry to tell you that because your court order is now more than a year old and because the order was made after the 03 March 2003 - it is possible for the mother to choose to refer the matter to Child Maintenance Service. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for helping you today
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even though this was part of divorce settlement agreed by the courts?
Hello Yes - it for the element that relates to child maintenance - after one year either party can give notice to refer this part to the CMS instead. Kind Regards Caroline
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you