How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a child contact court Order at FHDRA/directions - child

This answer was rated:

I have a child contact court Order at FHDRA/directions - child arrangements programme. This order is giving my ex visitations rights over the next 2 months to see how contact progresses with our child. However I as the resident parent have no order in my favour giving me any rights as a resident parent e.g. a residence order. I was advised to wait and apply for a residency order at the next court hearing in 2 months time. However i planned to go abroad for a holiday for a week with my child and my ex is saying no to a consent letter even though He verbally said yes before and told me to go ahead and make all the final arrangements and then he will write a letter of consent mentioning the arrangements, so Now I booked everything and asked for a written consent and he says no to consent as it will be to hectic for our child (which may I add is not). My daughter (6 yr) is crying now that she cannot go on holiday she had all her holiday things ready. I am aware of the specific issue order but I want something long term as I don't want to always apply for specific issue order every time we have issue because my ex always has problems with every little or big thing. I want to ask do I have to wait for a final visitations rights agreement for Me to get a court order for residency? Also what is a contact arrangement order! Thankyou and I await your reply.
Hi, thanks for your question. Please confirm if the father is registered on the birth certificate, or if you were married to him at the time so that I can fully answer your question. There is no contact arrangement order. There is a child arrangement order which sets out who the child is to live with (residence) and when the child is to see the other parent (contact). If you obtain a child arrangement order specifying your daughter is to live with you, then you will be able to take her out on holiday for up to 4 weeks without the father's permission required.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you