How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My daughter is divorced, sh has two children, one who is nearly

This answer was rated:

My daughter is divorced, sh has two children, one who is nearly nine and has had on off contact with his father, she had a lapse in her control and she now has a 11 wk baby.. he is now saying he wants DNA test and is going to force her to have baby tested .. he has been violent in the past.. he has had no contact with the baby only seeing him a couple of times never alone.. he has paid nothing toward baby, does pay for older child, has not seen him for 5 weeks, where does my daughter stand and can he force her to let him see him ,.. he is not on birth certificate
What are her rights.. very worried due to past...
Hi, thank you for your question. He cannot force her to undertake a DNA test for the baby. If she does not voluntarily agree, the only way he can go about obtaining a DNA test is to submit an application to court for the court to make a decision regarding the testing.Please provide a positive rating if you found this helpful. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you