How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My sister having some problem with her husband and she decided

This answer was rated:

My sister having some problem with her husband and she decided to get divorce. He is verbally and visually abuse her. One occasion she had to called the police and he was in police custardy for one day. He owned the house but he is not working, my sister pays the mortgage. they have 12-year-old child. I would like to know can I go to the court without a solicitor. If yes, please advise me how? because of the child I do not know what to do .
Hi, thank you for your question. As there has been police involvement for domestic violence she may be eligible for legal aid for a solicitor to assist and represent her regarding this matter but I will need further details: -What did the police do - did they caution him, or was he convicted?-Are they still in the same house with the husband?-Is the abuse still happening?
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you