How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35211
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am being gifted a house after my divroce has been finalised,

This answer was rated:

i am being gifted a house after my divroce has been finalised, however my ex husband is refusing to sign a clean break order, what is the likelyhood he will be able to claim any properties which i buy or are given after the divorce.
and also my pension|?
I am 28 and we were marriged just over a year before seperation
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.How long were you actually living together in total - and what is happening to the Matrimonial home?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we were living together for 4 years in total however the marital home is a rental so i am staying in it and paying the rent, i am hope to purchase it in the next year or so.
Are there any children involved - and who is gifting you a property?What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is our son. And we have gone to court for access. And at the min hos dad is not keeping to the agreed days as set by court
I earn £23000 a year I think that it roughly the same as hin.
He is engaged to anothet lady however will not admit this to me, but is on Facebook saying this. He also has a daughter to his girlfriend
I have no further children.My dad died and left everything to my step mother and she is wanting to gift me some of his propertys along with my sister some as she doesn't need them all and things we should have someHe has already signed the clean break bit signed in the wrong place and is now refusing to resign the documents
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Me and my ex are very hostil and due to this Clean break hen's taking me back to court for child acses even though we already have an agreement in place.
Does he intend to purchase a property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not that I am aware of he is bankrupt. He has been discharged from bankrupys about two years. So filed for bankrupys about four years ago. Why?
Just seeing if you could persuade him that it is beneficial to him to have an order.You have two choices.You can apply to the court for the financial matters to be dealt with and seek a Consent Order within this.Alternatively you can simply leave the matter. If he remarries he has no further claim in any event, and even if he does not the fact that the gift was received after the Decree Absolute; the relationship was a short one and you have the child makes it unlikely he would be able to make a successful claim against you.Please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your answer.