How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35058
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I need an advice about taking my child to different city

This answer was rated:

Hi I need an advice about taking my child to different city to visit family over Easter Holiday time.
I have a daughter who's 17 months old. I live with her father who is not letting me take her to spend time with family. He threatens me that when he's back from work and if me and our daughter are not here he'll take things further.
Does he have the right to stop me from taking our daughter to visit family?
He said that I can not take her without his consent. I read that if the parent take the child away from other parent they can even be put to jail but it applied only for taking child abroad.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.You have Parental Responsibility for your daughter and you are free to take her to visit your parents within England and Wales whenever you wish.There is no action your husband can take against you if you chose to do so - even if you stay for a few daysYou are NOT entitled to remove the child from the Uk without the agreement of the father or an Order from the CourtI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you