How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My next hearing date (2nd hearing) contact is on

This answer was rated:

My next hearing date (2nd hearing) for child contact is on the 18 May, I originally planned to go on the 18 April but now had to reschedule due to it being too short and hectic to organise everything so I thought to take my daughter on holiday for a week on 27 may. Should I apply for a specific issue order via c2 form now? Or if I wait till the hearing and they say yes would I have to wait for the official court order to come before I could fly off?
Hi, thanks for your question. Are you the main carer of the child and do you have parental responsibility?Was thr holiday issue raised or discussed previously with the other parent?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am the main carer (mother) and hence I have parental responsibility. Also it was previously mention to the other parent who stated yes and to go ahead and make the travel arrangements and when I went back with the travel arrangements (dates, flight and accommodation) and asked for a written consent he is now saying no. Hence I thought to reschedule for 27 may an apply for a specific issue order (via c2) because that's when the next Half term school holiday is.
Thanks. If the specific issue order is made for you to travel on 27 May, then you can request for the court to prepare the order whilst you are still at court and you can be given the order there and then to ensure that you have it. It will be necessary to have the order when travelling as usually ports would require consent of the other parent, but in your case the specific issue order will supersede this (if it is granted).You should submit an urgent application now for a specific issue order and request that it is listed to be heard at the next hearing.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you