How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

HiHusband and wife are divorced. There is a son on 15

This answer was rated:

HiHusband and wife are divorced. There is a son on 15 months living with his mother.Mother wants to take son to Bali, Indonesia, for 10 days. There are health advisories on the website. Mother seems to have taken suitable travel and medical insurances for son. is just uncomfortable that a child is being taken to a third world country and even though the precautions are taken from health perspective, he feels that it is just not a necessary travel from any angle, educational or otherwise for a child to take this long journey to a third world country.Wife has also threatened to make an emergency application to a Court for travel.On what grounds can a husband, who is genuinely concerned, deny his consent for the child to travel with his mother to Bali.Would request Clare to deal with this question
HiThank you for your question and for asking for me.Why is she going to Bali?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To attend a wedding of a cousin.Depart 24 April to Dubai for holiday and may be breaking the journey. Will be in Dubai for 3 days and then on to Bali till 6th mayWedding is in Bali
What contact do you have with your son?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Evéry Wednesday 3 to 6 pm
Every Sunday 11 am to 6 pm
Gets cancelled if child not well on the day
Do you ever have the child overnight?Is there any risk she will not bring the child back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has the child been taken abroad before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you asked for overnight contact?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Refused
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any more information ?
My apologies.Where will she be staying in these various places?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has indicated that she will be in 5 star hotels
You can object of course but sadly there is limited chance of success if the matter goes to courtYour strong points are of course that the child is very young and has not been abroad before and this is a lengthy journey.I would not make a great deal of the "third world country" given that it is going to be five star hotels all the way.I have to be honest - I would probably suggest using this as an opportunity to negotiate over night contact with the child.If the child is able to make this journey then there is no reason why he could not cope with a might with his fatherI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you