How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I divorced my wife in 2006 and she was awarded a share of my

This answer was rated:

I divorced my wife in 2006 and she was awarded a share of my NHS superannuation pension as part of a full and final settlement. She moved to the USA shortly afterwards with my then 9 year old daughter and has never returned to the UK.
As she left the jurisdiction of the court so long ago, do I Sill have to give her a share of my pension?
Hi, thank you for your question. If the court has made the order or approved the settlement, then yes you are bound by this even if she has left the jurisdiction.Do you have an order in place? If so was a pension sharing annex provided and has this been submitted to your pension provider?
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you