How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have agreed not to contest my wife's divorce petition citing

This answer was rated:

I have agreed not to contest my wife's divorce petition citing unreasonable behaviour. This is on the basis that we have already agreed a 50/50 split of assets. They are substantial
On part 10 of the petition under financial order, she has ticked
periodical payments order, secured provision order, lump sum order, property adjustment order, and order under section 24B etc.
Her lawyer says this is routine but I am concerned that the court may consider our financial positions which neither of us want.
Should I be concerned?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, just read that again. To clarify, her solicitor completed the form
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youYou have no need for concern about those boxes being ticked.The Court takes no action on the basis of those boxes - it simply makes it easier to makean application for a Clean Break Consent Order (or any other order) when the time comes.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you