How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am currently trying to leave my partner, I have no

This answer was rated:

I am currently trying to leave my partner, I have no job, no money and my partner has deliberately left my name off he deeds of the house we recently brought. I need to know where my son and I stand. He is 8. I need to knew what rights I have in regards ***** ***** home.
Please help
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to give you a full answer: -Are you married to your partner?-Is your son your partner's child?-Are you the main carer of your son?-Has there been any domestic violence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No we are not married
Yes he is my partners son
Yes I am the main carer
No violence but mental abuseI don't think I have many rights at all
Thanks for confirming. You do actually have rights as you have a child together and you are the main carer. You are able to pursue an application for child maintenance directly with the CMS (here: You are also able to pursue a court application for the father to provide you and your son suitable housing. This is done under form A1 (here: and the court will require you both to exchange full and frank financial disclosure in order for a fair decision to be made. This area of law can be complicated and it is highly advisable that you instruct a solicitor to help deal with this. If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you