How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1382
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

When my estranged husband has our kids weekend can

Customer Question

When my estranged husband has our kids for the weekend can he take them away without my consent and refuse to let me have communication with them
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome to Just AnswerI am a Solicitor and will assist you.Please may I ask:- how old are your children?
- what is the current routine for your children spending time with their father?
- are there any court orders in place currently?
- are there any other concerns about the father?Kind RegardsCaroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, they children are 7 year old twins boy and girl. He has them for 2 hours on a Wednesday and every other weekend. However he had them Thursday till Monday (weekend just gone) he had them longer as I agreed as it was Easter weekend. He said he was taking them to London and u specifically said he was not to go. Which he did and I asked him to call me on Easter Sunday and this did not happen even after I text him asking to speak to the children.
There is no court order at the moment.
Can he do this without my consent and hide it from me until my children return home?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no concerns about the father
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your response.Please accept my apologies for my delay in responding to you.The father should really be telling you if he is taking the children on trips. It is not fair for him to be asking the children to hide things from you.I am glad to hear that otherwise there are no concerns.In respect of being informed about holidays in the UK - I suggest that you write to him, remind him that you are the mother and you have a right to know.You could also consider family mediation. They could help explain to him the importance of effective communication between parents for the benefit of children.There are lots of family mediation services and there will be one local to you. Just google family mediation in your area and give them a call to get the ball rolling.You can rest assured that the father should not take the children abroad without your permission - as this is required.Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist you further.Kind RegardsCarolinePlease kindly remember to rate positively so that we receive credit for helping you today.