How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JustAnswerKM Your Own Question
JustAnswerKM, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42
Experience:  Court of Protection, civil litigation, divorce and inheritance
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JustAnswerKM is online now

My partners son has a baby but his ex girlfriend has not

Customer Question

Hi my partners son has a baby but his ex girlfriend has not put his name on the birth certificate what rights does he have ? he is paying her every week but we have just found out he is not on the birth certificate. What can we do many thanks Rachel
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JustAnswerKM replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoonThank you for your message.Your partner can apply to re-register the birth and add his details to the birth certificate. He will need to complete the application form and declaration I have attached to this email. The declaration must be witnessed by a person authorised to administer oaths such as a Notary Public/Solicitor.Please see the details below of the official government agency in charge of the re-registration process should you have any further questions:National Records of ScotlandGeneral Registration UnitRoom 39New Register House3 West Register StreetEdinburghEH1 3YTEmail:***@******.***: 0131(###) ###-####I hope that helps.Best of luck,Kind regards Krystel*Please rate my answer so I can be credited for it.