How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My partner and her ex are both polish ,they both got their

This answer was rated:

Hi, my partner and her ex are both polish ,they both got their children's passports sorted out at the polish embassy ,the passports were sent to the father's house and now he will not give us them,this father never pays csa money,only sees his children once or not a mouth ,sometimes not for months ,what can we do???
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-How old are the children?-What is the father's gross salary?-Are there any court orders in place?-Is the father named on their birth certificate, and were they married at the time of the children's birth?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Children are 6 & 9
The father told csa he was earnings hardly anything and only got told to pay 55 per month for both children ,but he is self employed and bragging that he makes thousands a month,he has bought two house,so how does he get away with it.No court orders in place .
He is on the birth certificate but never been married
Thank you for confirming.In relation to the child maintenance payments, £55 per month for both children will amount to him earning £18,000 per year. If she has evidence that he is earning more than this then she can present it to the CMS for a reassessment of his income. In relation to the passports, she should formally write to him requesting their passports as it is usual for the children's main carer, and the person receiving the children's benefits to hold their legal documents. She should also put him on notice that if he does not return the passports to her that she will pursue an application to court for a specific issue order (for passports to be held by the mother). This can be done to her local family court under Form C100 and a £215 court fee.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you