How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35049
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been granted a decree nisi in my divorce case, I am

Customer Question

I have been granted a decree nisi in my divorce case, I am the respondant. The petitioner did not apply for the decree absolute, so I waited the correct period and applied myself. I have court date for the hearing, do I need to attend court? There are no financial or child complications and petitioner is not objecting to the decree absolute as far as I am aware.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. It is not usual for there to be a hearing to grant decree absolute - has the court directed for you to attwnd in the notice? Is there an application for costs?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my bets to help you.As you are aware a hearing has been listed because you are the Respondent.You do need to attend the hearing - the application will not be granted if you do notPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I need to anything for the hearing or just be present? I have no representation
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Just attend, explain that there are no financial issues to resolve and that will be fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My ex does not want to attend and is not disputing it, is that OK?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is fineIt would be helpful if your ex would confirm that in writing - but not a problem if they wont