How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have split up with my sons father and we arranged

Customer Question

I have split up with my sons father and we arranged for him to see our son every other Saturday. On Friday he contacted me wanting to get back together. I told him I am not interested. On Saturday he turned up to see our son smelling of alcohol but my mum thought it was from the night before so didn't say anything. When he returned with my son 3.5hrs later he was drunk and started threatening me (not in front of my son) he had being drinking whilst having our son in his care. Is there anything I can do about this? I can not trust him to put our son first and I am worried about the next time he comes to see our son
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. How old is your son?Given the concerns that you have raised, it would be reasonable for you to suspend contact between them until the father has addressed the issues of his alcohol and you are satisfied that these are no longer concerns. You can put this in writing to him and inform him that he cannot have contact with your son due to his drinking and that he cannot adequately care for him whilst having contact because of this. Furthermore, he should not be turning up to your property to see your son without notice. There should be some arrangements in place so that both you and the father, as well as your son, are aware of how arrangements should take place.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.