How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am planning to move back to UK with kids and their maintenance is set at 1100 GPB

Customer Question

I am planning to move back to UK with kids and their maintenance is set at 1100 GPB for one child and 200 GBP for the other even though their father is high net worth individual.
My question is, if I move back, will I be able to challenge maintenance or am I stuck with court ruling that was set in EU? If I can challenge it, is it calculated according to income or according to assets? I can only show his assets which are all over Europe but not his income. The last question, is it a long process to get maintenance?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhere does your ex live?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He lives in EU. Since my questions can be viewed by others online, I would rather not disclose precise locations as my ex uses this site too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you need more info, maybe we can talk on the phone?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay.I am afraid that given that your ex lives in the EU then the existing Order will stand that the issue of maintenance will continue to be dealt withby the court that originally dealt with it.I am sorry to give you bad news but you will have to accept the current figures.Please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry,I know it is late, but can you tell me please if I should wait for call today or tomorrow. Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You do realise that the site charges extra for a phone call ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it 52Euro, right?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Would between 9 and 10 tomorrow be acceptable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just don't understand how can existing ruling stand if costs of living are totally different in England than in the country where it was set.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That is a matter you would have to raise in the Court in the Country where the Order was made.However do be aware that if the matter was being dealt within the UK it would be his income that would be relevant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In this country there is a cap and regardless of his income, the maintenance will not be above this cap. That is why challenging it in these courts is impossible and living on the amount set by this court will also be impossible in UK.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately there is no way of altering the order here in the Uk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you. Can i cancel the phone call please.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Of course - t