How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I've split with children's mother about 18 months ago, I've

Customer Question

Hi I've split with children's mother about 18 months ago, I've been having the kids every other weekend and Wednesday nights, I pay her child maintenance weekly, she is never around when I drop them back to her, I've also bought my oldest daughter (9) a phone so we can stay in contact when children are not with me, I've written a parental agreement using an online template stating what we already have agreed, and mother has refused to sign it and has now blocked me on every platform on Childs phone and is refusing to let me see my kids until I have a solicitor contact her, what do I do and where do I stand at this time?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-How old are the all the children?-What are her reasons for stopping the arrangements?-When did she stop the arrangements?-Are there any concerns regarding domestic violence/child abuse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 & 9
She does this everytime she is in a bad mood, our agreed time for dropping the children home is 5pm, she wasn't around so I got the agreement written up and sent it to her which has caused her to react like this, it happens every time I have to contact her regarding her not sticking to arrangements
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No abuse, but I'm concerned with how she is regarding me around the children, I never bad mouth or put her down in front of them, she has block the children from contacting me and me contacting them, usually we chat via text and Instagram
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She stopped arrangements as of yesterday and told me I'm not seeing or hearing from children until I get a solicitor
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. It is not her decision to stop and start the arrangements when she wants - the only grounds for stopping arrangements is if there are concerns about the arrangements or your care of the children during contact.In the circumstances I would suggest that you make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the children's best interests. If mediation does not help, then you will be able to pursue an application to court under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to your local family court for a child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:1.The wishes and feelings of the child concerned2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedingsIf you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.