How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Clara,I received a response from you before

This answer was rated:

Hello Clara,I received a response from you before Christmas, and have one more question.I obtained New Zealand citizenship and a New Zealand passport for my daughter- without her dad's signature (but sent a covering letter and evidence of communication to the embassy with the application).Now that my daughter is a New Zealand citizen with a New Zealand passport do I still need to go to court to get permission to leave the UK?My ex remains in Ghana with minimal contact and child support arrears.
HiThank you for your questionWell done with the passportLegally the position remains the same - if he does not give his Consent to the move then you need an Order from the Court.Failure to do this would mean that your ex could try and force the return of the child to the UKClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help. I'm very grateful.
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a possibility that I could take her anyway on the basis that he's not motivated when it comes to taking action to deal with issues, his child support arrears and credit card bills?
The only risk is that if he decides to make a fuss within the first six months he could win
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you