How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35071
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am involved in protracted family law proceedings. I wish

Customer Question

I am involved in protracted family law proceedings. I wish to rely on tape recordings of the Local Authority and have been asked by the Court to make a formal application in time for the next hearing. In addition I must upon issue put the other party and Local Authority on notice that the application has been made.Q1. What process/form is used for such an application?
Q2. Is putting other parties on notice - simply correspondence stating I have made such an applicaton?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
It is going to show up on enhanced for life, standard for life and basic for either five to ten years depending on the sentence.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, that was intended for another post. I will opt out.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat is the nature of the proceedings and what are you trying to evidence with the recording.In what circumstances were they made?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The proceedings concern my Child Arrangements Order application. This is complicated by the Mothers intractable hostility and coaching of the children which has resulted in the appointment of a Guardian and Child Protection Plan. The recordings will evidence the disparity between what was stated in LA meetings and what ended up in the S.7 report. The DJ has invited me to submit transcriptions as evidence so my query is around the procedure.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Was everyone aware that the meeting was being recorded?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The recordings were covert and the case for their admissibility has already bee accepted by the DJ i.e. CAFCAS - Policy 2.27 We should have nothing to fear from covert recording. Our attitude should be, “I am doing my job and I have nothing to hide. I can explain why I said what I said or why I did what I did”. This is within the spirit of transparency in the family courts.The issue is the procedure for submission prior to the hearing.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Excellent news!In that case the application is on a C2 should send a copy of the application to all the parties as well as sending four copies to the courtI hope that this is of assistancePlease ask if you need further detailsClare