How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask michael holly Your Own Question
michael holly
michael holly, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7072
Experience:  BA Hons degree Law , Solicitors finals, 20 years experience, trained family law mediator.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
michael holly is online now

Can you please help me my son died three years ago , I have

This answer was rated:

Can you please help me my son died three years ago , I have been told there is a payment from his pension am I entitled to this payment as I was the one who took over anything to do with my sons affairs no one else helped me does this make me next of kin. My son has a son but was not married to his mother at an early age this finished and my son did not have much contact with him there was a doubt if he was his son, I did not stop him from seeing to his fathers affairs but there was no help given.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to ask again I am still waiting for a response
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think I will get a response soon as I would like to no before I go out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been waiting quite a while for a response I am waiting urgently
You need to ask for the terms of the policy regarding who the money should be paid to.Some policies have a named beneficiary and if this one does then it would go to whoever is the named person in the Policy.If there is no named beneficiary in the policy it will fall into your son's estate and be dealt with either in accordance with the terms of his Will or under intestacy rules .Under the rules of intestacy his son would be entitled to the money as children rank higher than parents in the order of beneficiaries.Best regardsMichael
michael holly and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you