How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I had a child with a woman outside of marriage but the relationship

This answer was rated:

I had a child with a woman outside of marriage but the relationship ended. I have paid support money for 10 years agreed directly with her. the Child Support Agency were not involved. She has been living with another man now for 5 years and has a 4 year old child with him. Am I still legally bound to pay maintenance
Hi, thank you for your question. Yes, you are still obligated and your child maintenance liability is not impacted by her cohabiting or having another child. It is your legal obligation to your child and this will chnage if your gross income change or if you have any children in your care.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you