How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

If you have been with a partner years and have children

This answer was rated:

If you have been with a partner for 8 years and have children and are living in the house a partner has bought which only has his name on the deeds can he kick the partner out of the house , she also has her own property which is rented out ?
Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully answer your question:-Are you married?-Are there any formal agreements or a deed of trust regarding the property?-Who will be the main carer of the children and how old are they?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not married, no agreements regarding property I will be theain carer (mother)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kids are 6 and 4
Just to make sure, the property is in the father's name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Legally you will have no legal interest in the property and the father can ask you to leave on reasonable notice.However, if you are unable to afford to house the children you will be entitled to apply to court for financial support from the father in order to house them until they reach a certain age (eg. Comple education). The court will assess both of your financial circumstances including assets and income and decide what is in the children's best interests.This is in addition to child maintenance which is assessed based on his gross income and how often the children stay overnight each week.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you