How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have an elderly Aunt aged 92 and she is now in a Nursing

This answer was rated:

I have an elderly Aunt aged 92 and she is now in a Nursing Home. The Trust are dealing with her finances and now they are saying they might go through the Courts, My Mother is her Sister and she is 90 so I have been trying to get things sorted on her behalf. The Trust wont tell me anything is there anything I can do about this.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDoes your Aunt still have mental capacity?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has a learning disability and is to be assessed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would I be better to go and see a Solicitor in person
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can u reply please as I have to go now.
My apologiesSince it seems unlikely that your Aunt has the capacity to appoint you as her Power of Attorney he only way that you can be involved in dealing with her finances is if you apply to be her ControllorYou can read more about this at the bottom of the page here may be able yo opt for the Short Procedure order depending on the financial position of your AuntPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks sorry for the delay in replying Laptop died on me.
No problem - I hope all goes well
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you