How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Iv been seperated 8 yrs but recently my husband died..he

This answer was rated:

iv been seperated for about 8 yrs but recently my husband died..he was living in the jointly mortgaged name is ***** ***** mortgage what is my position?
Hi, thank you for your question. If the property was held in joint names as a joint tenancy then you automatically obtain the whole title. However, if the property is held as tenants in common, then his share is distributed according to his will, or if there is no will then according to intestacy rules. Did you divorce your husband? Are you aware as to whether the property is held as joint tenants or tenants in common? If you have found this information helpful so far please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you