How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I'm 5 months pregnant, and the baby dad already wants

Customer Question

I'm 5 months pregnant, and the baby dad already wants to take the baby once is born oversights.. he wants to have everyday. I have allowed him to see the baby on weekends and see after work once he finishes. But that doesnt seem enough for him. He has told me he will take me court. I really dont know my right and what to do . we not even married.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstIn fact what you are offering is generous and you have nothing to fear form any court applictaion.The fact is that your ex has no rights whatsoever until the child is born.You should offer to go to Family Mediation and discuss a Parenting Plan with himPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can i not put him on the birth certificate ? And what chances does he have of taking my baby away ?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
You do not have to put him on the birth certificate at all - although he can then apply to be added.He has NO chance of taking your child of you - and you are being very generous with your offer