How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1436
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Our daughters mother is moving away to Yorkshire and currently

This answer was rated:

Our daughters mother is moving away to Yorkshire and currently lives in Camberley. This move will uproot our daughter a second time as the mother had a failed move to Swindon over a year ago and this badly effected our daughter.
The mother has moved back to Camberley and daughter is in an outstanding school and is settled in. My daughter use to stay with me every weekend until she started school and now stays with me every other weekend. She also sees her Grand Parents on a regular basis.
I have Parental Responsibility and mother has Residence of our daughter as she left me during the pregnancy and being so young court granted Mother custody.
HelloWelcome to Just AnswerI am a Solicitor and will assist you.Please may I ask:- how old is your daughter?
- when is the planned move?
- what are the mothers proposals for contact if she does move?Kind RegardsCaroline
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please may I ask:- how old is your daughter? 5
- when is the planned move? She wants to be settled in Yorkshire before Next School year starts.
- what are the mothers proposals for contact if she does move? to See Daughter in Holidays for longer, but she often has made excuses in the past regarding contact.I am also concerned of the long distance travel times, logistics and feasibility for my daughter travelling back to Reading or having to always be outside the home on visits to Yorkshire.
HelloThank you for your response.If you are concerned that the mother doesn't really have a plan and I do agree that a further failed move isn't in your daughters best interest - then you need to consider applying to the family court for a prohibited steps order to prevent the mother from moving until the court decides if a move is in your daughters best interests or not.As the planned move is not for 5 months - you are going to have to refer your case to family mediation before you move to court. Mediation will discuss between you - your concerns. If the mother can't present a coherent well thought through plan or the mother won't engage in mediation - then the mediator will sign the form you need for court.The form is C100. Court fee is £215.If you later become concerned that the mother tries to move quicker - then you can apply to the court urgently if there becomes no time for mediation.The court will make a decision in your daughters best interest. They will expect the mother to present a full plan including details on school place, your contact etc - before they will decide if the court will approve.Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist you furtherKind RegardsCarolinePlease kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today
ukfamilysolicitor and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you