Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have taken a non molestation order out on my ex partner

I have taken a non molestation order out on my ex partner as he was violent in the past, he has contested the order and we have a hearing in June.
I don't want to go through with this now, can I stop this by writing to the courts?
Thanks in advance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I really want this all to be over how can we have an out of court settlement, I am petrified of going to court. My ex partner has not done anything since this order, I don't want to go through with it, can I contact the court to cancel this??? Please advise
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just want it to be over and not go to court,
Hi, thank you for your question. What are the reasons for not wanting to proceed with this? If you are both in agreement, a consent order can be prepared which you (or your solicitors) as well as ex-partner sign discharging the order, vacating the next hearing an withdrawing your application. If your ex-partner agrees there will be a £50 court fee to pay. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to try and rebuild the relationship with my ex partner. Can we a consent order drawn up agreeing to mediation and couples counselling and have the non molestation order lifted?? He has been violent and we have both said terrible things but I just wondered if we can resolve this now a date has been set for the contested hearingThanks again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear HarrisThank you for your replyI want to try and rebuild the relationship with my ex partner. Can we a consent order drawn up agreeing to mediation and couples counselling and have the non molestation order lifted?? He has been violent and we have both said terrible things but I just wondered if we can resolve this now a date has been set for the contested hearingThanks again, I will rate this as soon as I have a reply. Thank you again for your time and advice
Yes, a judge will consider the consent order but will need to be satisfied that the reasons for agreeing a discharge of the order and withdrawing an application is not done under duress. You can outline in the preamble "upon parties agreeing to undertake mediation to deal with their family issues" or something to that effect.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. And advice.Kindest regards
No worries. Please do provide a positive rating so that I can be credited for assisting you.