How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

What emergency action do I need to do in relation to restricting

This answer was rated:

What emergency action do I need to do in relation to restricting access of my daughter seeing her dad after he threatened to punch her. I have spoken to social services who won't get involved. I have a shared residency order. She currently resides with her dad during the week but I want him to have restricted access until he sorts himself out. I have an appointment with a solicitor on Thursday but I think I might need to put something in place prior to that. Do I need to get in contact with my solicitor Monday to ask for an emergency residency order. Not sure what to do.
Hi, thank you for your question. As there is an order in place regulating the arrangements you need to pursue an urgent application to court to vary this due to the concerns raised.How old is she and how did you find out about the threat?
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I couldn't find the reply box. I have now got it all sorted. I was aware I had to apply for a change in order I needed confirmation I was in a panic when I wrote you. I have now got in contact with the police and have an appointment with a solicitor Wednesday to get things moving forward. Thank you.
That's good to hear. Please do provide a positive rating if you found my assistance helpful as I will not be credited without one. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you