How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex partner is due to give birth and lives 120 miles away

This answer was rated:

Hi my ex partner is due to give birth and lives 120 miles away how can I find out if she has given birth as she not spoken to me for 6 weeks ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What would be my visiting rights as well and can I have my name put on birth certificate ?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.I am afraid that there is no action that you can take to force her to tell you when the child is born.You are reliant on Social Media, friends, and even a private investigator to discover when the child is born.Equally I am afraid that you cannot force your ex to allow you to attend the Registration so that your name is ***** ***** birth certificate - but youcan make an application to the court for an Order allowing you to add your name is ***** ***** law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents - and the courts will enforce this if necessary.At the beginning it will be a matter of little but often - so it will depend on how often you can get to wherever the baby is living - but an hour a couple of times a week to start with building up as the baby gets older is likely - as the baby grows then it can increase to eventually a whole day - and longerIf you have nowhere safe to take the child in the area then you may wish to consider using a Child Contact starting point is to try and discuss matters with the mother using Family discuss and agree a Parenting PlansIf that fails then you will need to apply to the court for a Child Arrangements OrderI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks for your answer would I have to apply to the court were my ex partner lives for child Arrangement order or can I do it at mine ?
The Court nearest the child I am afraid