How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35065
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife and i divorced over a year ago, my daughter who lives

This answer was rated:

my wife and i divorced over a year ago, my daughter who lives with me who is 16 on the 30/4/16, for the moment is staying with a girlfriend who is already 16 and her parents, until i move in 5 weeks time into a 4 bedroom house with my new lady friend, my ex wife and her eldest daughter are objecting to my daughter staying with her girlfriend in the interim, my ex wife says she will see a solicitor about this as she is not happy with this temporary arrangement , what is the worst scenario my ex wife could actually push for?. my daughter and all who she is staying with are happy with this temporary arrangement . neither myself or my ex wife have full custody over my daughter. my ex wife lives 200 miles from me and my daughter. the eldest daughter lives 20 miles from me and my daughter, and the elder daughter seems to think she has a right to say what happens as she is her sister (half sister). kind rgds murray.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstFor clarity - your daughter will return to live with you in a few weeks time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi clare, yes she will come and live with myself and my new lady and her daughter at the end of may 2016.
Then please do not worry - there is no action that your ex can take on this issue - and the elder sister has no rights whatsoever to even comment.You have made proper arrangements for the care of your daughter for these few weeks and no court would intervene - not least because any Order it made would cease at the endof the month when your daughter turns 16.I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you