How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

There, I am looking advice on how to complete a

This answer was rated:

Hi there, I am looking for some advice on how to complete a certificate referred to in article 39 of council regulation (EC) No. 2201/2003
Hi, thank you for your question. What in the form do you need assistance with?
Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
in essence, Im ital***** *****ving in Dublin. The divorce was issued in the UK. My embassy in Dublin is asking me for this cert to register the divorce in italy as well. The court where the divorce was issued sent me the form to fill in
Am i to fill in this myself or does the court fill it in (my impression is that I do).
also - Member state of origin, is that Italy?
Court or Authority issuing the certificate - is that the Embassy or the court?
Apologies but it's confusing and the embassy wasn't very helpful.
Thank you,
Thanks. You are to fill in the certificate and then submit it to court for sealing. Member State of Origin is the member state that made the order/divorce, so in your case it is UK.I hope this clarifies the issue. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Harris,
so my question was also: Court or Authority issuing the certificate - is that the Embassy who is asking me for the cert or the court in the UK?
Is it ok for me to fill this form without a solicitor and finally, do I sign and date the second page or is that for the court to do?
Yes, you can complete the form yourself without a solicitor. It is for the Court to issue the certificate and stamp it, and for you to provide it to the Embassy. It is also for the court to sign and date the second page.I hope that clarifies matters.
I note that you provided a negative rating previously - if you are happy with the further advice I would appreciate that it be changed to a positive rating.Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you