How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I used my friend to act as my solicitor in my divorce case

Customer Question

I used my friend to act as my solicitor in my divorce case but didn't find him to be very good, i then changed solicitors. My ex wife has now changed her solicitors to use my friend/old solicitor...surely this isn't allowed due to conflict of interest. Please confirm law surrounding this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youThis is a matter of professional ethics and no the solicitor cannot now act for your wife.You can read more here ask if you need further detailsClare