How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Three years ago my wife and ihad a family break down with my

Customer Question

three years ago my wife and ihad a family break down with my motherand my sister and our five children social services removed four of our children after i was attacked by three of my children and mother i was charged and convictedof assault on my daughter and mother after which a barrage of allegations and emails where sent to all kinds of bodies ie nspccc when the social worker handling the case at that time questioned this they were removed from the case and a new social worker was appointed who just went with everything my sister and our children said my wife was isolated and could not speak good english resulting in a mental break down in may the following year resulting in our youngest child being removed from her care at this point we got back together and currently my wife is pregnant again but we have been informed that when the child is born it would beremoved from our care we have put a crinology togehter sshowing the failings of the local authority but do notknow who to take it too because we have been told it needs to go to a specialist solictors could you please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. The local authority will have protocols to follow and cannot just remove the child from your or the mother's care when the child is born. The local authority will need to apply to court to remove the child and it will be for the court to decide if the threshold is met for removal. If the local authority do pursue this both you and the mother will be entitled to legal aid to cover the entire case and there will be specialist Solicitors in your area who deal with care proceedings and public law children work. You can search here to find local firms who will be able to assist: you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I have been a family law solicitor for the last 30 years.When was the final Care Order made regarding the other children and when is the many due.Has a date been set for the pre birth conference?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Final order was made in July 2014 baby due in November this year
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Has a date been set for a pre birth conference yet?How old are the other children?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet
23. 18. 17. 14. 10
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Does your wife have any contact with the children?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you attended any Domestic Violence courses?